Monday, October 13, 2008

You never realize how good life was 4 months ago....

In the last 4 months, we have now lost 2 much loved grandparents in our family (Doug's gram, followed by my grandma just recently-the kids' Meme) and it has certainly made me realize how good life was 6 months aog when our grandparents were alive and enjoying their great granchildren. I am so numbed by death lately-especially with dealing with two prominent matriarchs of our prospective families. Now my family is fighting like crazy over money and selling my Grandma's house asap (not even 3 weeks after her death) and Doug's family is fighting as well, since they don't have Gran to help heal the rifts. Life was so carefree 6 months ag0-I just feel mentally exhausted having to talk of death and Heaven with the kids every day this last 4 months. And I am sad that the kids don't have any great grandparents left that loved them the way their Great Gram and Meme did. :( I used to complain about holidays and how much I hated having to to everyone's house/make everyone happy...and now we don't have anyone's house to to go this year and its a sad, empty feeling. :/ Too bad I never realize these kinds of life lessons until its too late.

No comments: