So today a not as close as we used to be :( friend came over for a minute to see the house done up. She went upstairs and saw that our top mattress had been moved into the kids' room on the floor and she came down chasticing me "oh Melissa, you are one of "those parents". Give it up already. I was never so happy to kick *insert child's name* out of my room. Enough already." Yep, I am definately one of "those parents" and I like to be one of those parents, as does Doug. The kids enjoy and ask for us to sleep with them, and there is nothing sweeter in the world to cuddle up next to Doug at night and listen to the soft whispery breaths in and out of my 5 babies. Its just so incredibly comforting to me and my nights make me realize life can't get any better. The few times we have slept in separate rooms in the last few years, the kids would wake up randomly at night and come into the room we were in and fall asleep wherever they could find a space, while I would be the one waking up in a panic and hoping the other kids were okay. It just works out best for our whole family that we "roomshare". We all sleep well and enjoy cuddling together on our lazy mornings. Whats so wrong about that??
I know most people today can't wait to get their kids out of their bedroom, but for us, we are just not in the same rush. The kids don't have a problem, and we don't have a problem, so why is there such a big deal from anyone else in the world? Do they think we will be sleeping with a roomful of teenagers?? Will I move my children's spouses in with us?? My oldest kid is only 5, they are still so little! The first time my realtor came to see the house (before we did it up), she loved that we all shared a room bc she shared with all 12 of her family members as a child as well and she still looks back at those times very fondly. I feel like that is how our kids will view it as well. They are growing up so fast and I know it will be the blink of an eye and they will be grown up and I will be missing all these moments-so I am going to appreciate/enjoy every precious moment I can of my babies while they are still "mine". I am going to fall asleep listening to their little content sighs and snores as they sleep and I will continue to be blissfully happy that we are two of "those parents"...at least for now.
P.s. I gotta admit with this whole house showing thing though, that it is one big pain in the arse to move the mattress back and forth between rooms at night. lol But whatever! its all worth it in the end!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment