Monday, August 25, 2008

I will start with my blog title-how did I come up with it?

When I was thinking of a name for my blog, I first wanted to go all cutesty. Like "mom of many-wanting more", or something along that means. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized thats not all of what I am about and its not what I want to blog about 24/7 either. So who am I? I am a wife to Doug (my high school sweetheart-together since 1995, married since 2001), mom to 5 (Kylie-5, Elise-4, Caden 2.5 and Rylan & Gavin-9 months old), crazy to want one or two more children as well, VERY motivated to a lot of things most people would never even consider for a second (like homescholing for one), as well as very motivated to make my dreams in life come true (like my desire to work as an OB or NICU nurse). I am also living life trying to find balance in our family-trying to find meaning and fulfillment spiritually in a materialistic/physically obsessed world. And no, we aren't crazy obsessed religious people, but there have been quite a few experiences the last 2 months with the death of our beloved Gram that have opened our eyes to the importance of living a full yet meaningful life. We still have a LOT to learn here, but I feel like we are definately on the right path in many ways!

All in all, we seemingly live a VERY different life then most/if not all of our family and friends. We always feel like the outcasts in some way or another-but we are intensely happy with our lives the way they are. Unfortunately, a lot of other people feel the need to judge us and give their opinions on our life/our family and how we do things. I feel like my personal spaces (like msypace) are not MINE anymore, since I always have friends and family picking apart something that is going in my life/or talking about it with others. I eventually hear about it all sooner or later and I am tired of people worrying so much about us, when they could/should be focusing on themselves.

So here we are-the outcasts and PROUD of it! I am happy to have a space where I can talk about it all (most especially my spiritual quest and our various other journeys-be it trying to complete our family, raising our large brood in a 3 kid world, homeschooling, etc). Just trying to make sense in a crazy/senseless world!

No comments: